On Sunday 13th September 2015, CORA/Arterial Network Nigeria held its 3rd General Assembly where members reflected on the Network’s state of affairs in Nigeria. Members also reviewed preparations for the Nigerian delegation to the 2015 Arterial Network African Creative Economy Conference and the 5th Biennial Meeting scheduled for Yaounde, Cameroon in October.
The high point of the General Assembly was the election of a new National Steering Committee. The newly elected Steering Committee members are:
1. Jahman Oladejo Anikulapo – Chairperson (re-elected for the 2nd term)
2. Bolanle Olatunde – Deputy Chairperson
3. Sola Alamutu – Treasurer (re-elected for the 2nd term)
4. Sulayman Deji Etiwe – Financial Secretary (re-elected for the 2nd term)
5. Samuel Osaze – Media & Communication (re-elected for the 2nd term on SC; immediate past Cultural Policy Officer)
6. Malaika Toyo – Cultural Policy Officer(re-elected for the 2nd term; immediate past Media & Comm Officer)
7. Jerry Adesewo – Federal Capital Territoty (FCT) Representative
8. Victor Nwokocha – Port Harcourt Representative
The enthusiasm shown by members of the newly elected Steering Committee while addressing the General Assembly, shortly after the elections, indicates that the next 2 year-term promises to be a thriving one where new ties and partnerships will be built with organizations and individuals across the Nigerian creative sector.
Arterial Network is a dynamic, pan-African civil society network of artists, activists, organizations and institutions engaged in the African creative and cultural sectors. Operating across 90% of Africa, Arterial Network is actively engaged in strengthening the creative sectors and utilizing arts and culture to contribute towards sustainable development. Arterial Network is represented in Nigeria by CORA Art and Cultural Foundation(CORA).
- Uniting Cultures with Moers Festival 2021 - June 6, 2021
- The Yemisi Shyllon Museum of Art (YSMA) Wins Museum Opening of the Year Award. - November 19, 2020
- Afropolis gathers 90 Nigerian Artistes from 30 Cities to Commemorate Chinua Achebe at 90. - November 12, 2020